Monday, September 7, 2009

I have no imagination

I fell completely and hopelessly in love with this living room design. Everything from the accent chair fabric to the blush pink flowers in the white vase on the coffee table. I love it. Too bad mimicking such a room would set me back several thousand dollars. Almost in the 5 digit category. AzureSofaChairRVF09 Sofa: $1699 Accent Chair: $1299 Love seat: $1599 (not pictured) Glass coffee table: $699 End Tables: $499 Lamp: $179 Rug: $799 Mirror: $299 Accent Pillow: $69 My obsession with this sofa set, nay, this entire room was borne out of an unfortunate visit to Crate & Barrel when we were looking at gift registries. FI is almost 6 ft tall while I am considerably shorter. It's hard for us to find a sofa that fits both of our bodies well. Surprisingly, this one fit us both perfectly. It was stylish, comfortable, and has just a bit of European flair that will, hopefully, prevent it from looking dated 15 years from now. I loved the cherry blossom fabric of the accent chair and how that theme is artfully carried over by the accent pillow on the sofa. Are we going to get it? I'm not sure. At first we were just going to get the sofa and look for accent chairs elsewhere. I mean, come on. $1299 for an accent chair? But we're having trouble finding accent chairs that actually...accent this style. So now we're looking at the accent chair too. And of course I can't get the fancy accent chair without the complementary pillow for the sofa! The whole idea is genius! It ties the whole look together. Now, looking at this picture again, I realized how nicely the glass topped coffee table goes with this look. A quick internet search for similar tables proved fruitless. I wanted oval shaped furniture because I tend to run into sharp corners. Besides, metal & glass table quality can be really chintzy if one goes the cheap route. One could get away with much less with solid hardwood then glass & metal. Last thing I want is a rusty table! So...I'm eyeing that now too. What's the damage...let's see...about $3500 for sofa, accent chair, 2 decorative pillows, and the coffee table. I could get a very nice but safe (read: generic) 3 piece sofa set plus decorative colors & free pillows!! for about the price of the Crate & Barrel Sofa alone. Add in a generic 3-piece coffee table/end table set, it'd still set me back only $2000. Heck, I could probably find some lamps for that price too. Arrgh..what do I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment