Monday, November 15, 2010

Stuff I don't need

*Edit* I called and confirmed with customer service that the ottoman is in fact, NOT a storage ottoman. Well, that makes my life much easier! Covetousness... gone!*End Edit*


On today's edition of "Stuff I Don't Need", I'll take you to exactly what I would want, but don't need:

1. Tufting? check.
2. Nailhead trim? Check
3. Curvaceous design? quadruple check
4. Shades of cream, beige, or otherwise other warm neutral? Yep
5. Unnecesssarily frou frou? You got it.
Best of all, it goes well with our current decor but it is not a "matched set" despite sharing similar qualities with the rest of our furniture. I believe that it is also a storage ottoman, which makes this a slam dunk "LOVE!" for me. Stylish and functional? Oh be still my heart!!! I'm thinking in the years ahead...the kid's toys and play things would tuck neatly away into this behemoth! Also in the scheme of kids...it is soft, round, and plushy--all very "kid safe" elements of furniture. I don't really mind if it gets dirty--I can always get it reupholstered if I can't get any stains out.

Now, I understand that this is most certainly *not* most people's cup of tea and perhaps this look will be dated in a few years. I am not sure and I don't really care. I like this style and if it is indeed a storage ottoman as well, it would nearly be perfect. The only two issues I have with this piece is that it is exorbitantly expensive and it measures 45 inches in diameter. I am concerned that it might overwhelm the space. Perhaps it is a good thing that it is so expensive hehe. Ah well :)

And thus concludes this episode of "Stuff I Don't Need".

No comments:

Post a Comment