Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year, New Start

This is going to be a great year!  This blog will be back in full force and the former, slightly-depressed ramblings of a recent-graduate-unemployed-twenty-something will give way to a gainfully employed and very satisfied late-twenty-something!

It is really hard to understand the feeling of limbo until one has experienced being unemployed for a while. Before the economy tanked, the longest I'd been unemployed was 3 months and that was because I relocated to another state and took some time off before I started searching for a job.  It has been nearly 5 months for me now and I am only now starting to have legitimate career options.  Thankfully, the position I am about to accept pays generously and will give me the flexibility to start a family in the next year or so.

What does all this mean for the blog?  It means that there will be a renewed emphasis on places I'll go, things I'll buy, and stuff I'll do to the house to prepare for the rest of 2012.

I have many resolutions for 2012.  I resolve to pay off my student loans and take my parents on an Alaskan cruise.  I resolve to eat vegetarian at least once a week and to successfully grow my own vegetables after two failed seasons.  I resolve to drink less coffee and to drink more tea.  I resolve to finally put the rest of my house in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment