Monday, November 30, 2009

Holiday Cheer!

This will be our first Christmas together and I really wanted to start some traditions in our wee little household. Over the weekend we went to a tree farm and cut our own little noble fir tree. We purposely chose a "table top" size because it was easier to transport and set-up, not to mention a steal at $15. There were lots of dried needles and wee little spiders clinging to it so the light weight made it much easier to shake most of it out before we brought it inside. We don't have ornaments yet but we're going to choose one each year together.

Here is our first tree! Too large for any table but kind of small on the floor, it's just perfect!


We also turned on our fireplace for the first time this weekend. We still have our fall decorations (ok, just a mini pumpkin) on the mantle but seeing the roaring fire made me want pretty Christmas decor too! I've had my eye on these elegant and luxurious holiday stockings from Pottery Barn for a while now but couldn't justify the cost for monogramming and shipping. To my great pleasure, I found that they are on sale today only for $15, shipped with monogramming! Woo hoo! I cannot wait for them to arrive! They are available in several shades and thread colors but I'm going with the classic. It's just perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment