Thursday, June 23, 2011

I was Born in the Wrong Era

Hubby always jokes that I was born in the wrong era.   My BA is in English and focused on 18th century Anglo literature (and comparative literature from other countries around that time.)  I love all things from that era: the literary works, the history, the fashion, the furniture, and the lifestyle.  It's just fascinating!  Lately, I've been drawn to living the lifestyle of the generations past:  I'm into baking my own bread from homemade starter, growing organic vegetables, and refurbishing furniture.  Basically, it's just old-fashioned homemaking and working with one's hands.

I have one more professional hurdle to pass in the very near future but once I complete it, I will have a short period of free-time before I begin working again.  During that time, I have multiple home projects that I hope to accomplish.  They include:  remodeling our kitchen (cabinets and backsplash), painting and re-decorating the study, painting a bedroom,  installing a picture gallery, sewing slipcovers for our cream colored sofas, and buying a cheap (<$30) wingback chair to reupholster.

If I have time, I want to make a headboard for the master bedroom, hack our living room ottoman into a storage ottoman, and some other plans that include metallic grasscloth wallpaper.  It's going to be a super busy but very fun-filled summer!  I can't wait!!

P.S. Hubby, if you are reading this, I would really really really like a sewing machine (preferable Janome brand) for my birthday/our 2nd wedding anniversary!  Oh! and an electric nail gun.





okthanksbai.

No comments:

Post a Comment