Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Plan for Health

I do this every once in a while when my weight goes past my "Warning!" zone. My "Warning!" zone is a number I set for myself--that if I ever reach it, it's a warning to buckle down, work-out/eat less until it is safely below again. I used to work out every day and weigh myself daily so it was very easy to keep myself on track. I even weighed myself each day on my home scale and measured my waist with professional seamstress tape. Over the years, I moved, got married, schedules changed and I stopped doing all those things I used to do to care for my body. My body settled into a number that is comfortable but I'm on a mission to get my 23 year old figure back!

First things first: portion control. That is the most effective way for me to lose weight. Even if I ate 1/3 of what the hubby eats, that is still more than what is necessary for me. I used to eat just until the hunger feeling goes away. That was the right about for me to sustain my weight loss. It is harder to do when eating out or eating with someone who eats more/longer but I need to do that again.

Second: cut out all sweets. Oh, that's going to hurt! I love sweets but I know that is another thing that needs to go.

That is pretty much it. Portion control + no sweets. Sounds simple but obviously it is harder than it looks.

I worked out today--2nd time in 3 days. It feels good! I'm slowly on my way :)

No comments:

Post a Comment