Sunday, October 24, 2010

A bit of Retail Therapy

Husband has been working very very hard for the past...5-6 years. Husband works full-time, comes home and works on his 'droid apps and then goes out shooting on weekends. Husband basically works around the clock. Why, Husband even pulls his share of chores around the house, including yucky stuff that I don't like to do, such as taking out the garbage!

Hubsters works this hard to provide for our little family and to make sure that I never go without. Hubby also never ever complains but just continues doggedly and solemnly onward with his steady march. I am so lucky to have Husband.

Today, we were both kind of restless and bored. There is always stuff to do around the house--more laundry, more dishes...and there is always work to be done...more sitting in front of the computer...more straining necks over books. Finally, around 5pm...we could not take it anymore. I suggested a trip to my favorite haunt, the local home decorator store and Hubby, ever easygoing, complied. Halfway down the street....I changed my mind: we didn't need any more decorations and we really should save the money. Then, Husband spoke, "Let us go to the mall."

Eh? Husband never wants to go shopping! I said, "nah..." but then Husband spoke again: "I just want to walk around....I really need to get out...just look...don't need to buy. Maybe look at ridiculously expensive clothing and than laugh."

Then I understood...although I think Husband looks good in anything, he barely purchased any clothing in the entire time I've known him. I know he appreciates style but he doesn't go out and buy new items for himself. I know it is because he is trying to save save save so I can have have have.

My poor wonderful husband.

Anyway...today, I insisted (with very little resistance on Husband's part) that we would shop just for him! And shop we did. We realized that Ben Sherman fits his physique well and we ended up with 3 new sweaters, 1 button-up top, and 1 short sleeved button-up top. Husband couldn't be happier and neither can I :)

No comments:

Post a Comment