Saturday, October 23, 2010

Day 23

I know I've skipped some days and we have since purchased items here and there. I'd say over the past 3 days, we've spent about $30 on groceries. Trying to do the DASH plan requires a lot more effort. October is almost over and it was a strange month...I think we'll continue to do the best we can and start anew in November.

This is one of the meals that I cooked for husband as part of the DASH plan. This is a pretty hearty meal. Let's see how the sodium breaks down:




1. Baked potato mashed with lowfat plain yogurt (85 mg) & chives, 1/4 c. shredded parmesan (320 mg), topped with sauteed onions and mushrooms. = 405mg of sodium
2. Steamed broccoli (with a bit from the 1.4 c. parmesan) = 0 mg of sodium
3. Chicken with just a tablespoon of homemade spicy teriyaki sauce = 700 estmated
Total: 1104 mg of sodium for dinner

The plan is to have no more than 15oo mg of sodium per day. I believe his lunch had around 500mg of sodium so all, in all, not bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment