Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Day 14

We had a few tricks up our sleeves before we started this experiment in the form of gift cards! We have 2 or 3 gift cards that we never got around to using. Most of the time, we don't go to these restaurants but we just happened to past by one of those restaurants today and we decided to burn it up. We kind of regretted it after we ate it because the food itself was kind of gross and we had to add $5 on top of the card to pay for tip. I ordered a chicken marsala thinking it would be healthy but I can tell that everything (veggies and all) was just dropped into the deep fryer and topped with an oily and salty sauce. I also started to feel uneasy about where they get their meat. I'm pretty sure it isn't locally raised and vegetarian-fed. It is no wonder that 99% of the patrons there were overweight. Now I remember why we don't go to these restaurants!

In hindsight, $5 would have been much better spent if I had just spent the money to purchase groceries. On the other hand, we did get 3 meals out of it so that saves me time and energy. We had a very early dinner so we even had time to clean house and go for a brisk 2 mile walk up a steep hill near our house to burn off some of the calories.






Total spent on food today: $5
Estimated cost of food: $30 (including tip)

No comments:

Post a Comment