Thursday, September 2, 2010

Day 2

For breakfast this morning, hubby made us oatmeal with blueberries, a spoonful of brown sugar, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and a drizzle of flaxseed oil. I really cannot recall exactly how much everything costs nor do I really know how many servings I get out of each item so for now, let us call it much cheaper than $4.99 for a bowl of oatmeal that the local cafe charges for a similar item. Sans the organic cold-pressed flaxseed oil. No picture, but we plan on eating it every day now so I'll catch up with a photo on another day :)

For lunch, hubs ate yesterday's leftover soup while I had my little sushi. I made it a wee too large so I had trouble popping it into my mouth. Ok, so I stuffed it in but it was neither a delicate nor discreet manner of eating with my chipmunk cheeks out in plain sight.



Dinner was our "meat-free" meal of the day. Although we don't know what our cholesterol levels are, it doesn't hurt to prevent it before it gets to a point where action is necessary. It doesn't look all that special but it was so good!



We used up the last of our salad but we still have two more avocados. Arrgh...I absolutely adore this salad dressing--it's a homemade Green Goddess dressing (made lighter with just plain yogurt and no oil or mayo) and already we are thinking about caving in to buy more salad. For protein, we have some garbanzo beans marinated in a little bit of balsamic vinegar, parsley, and onions. We had a pomegranate that was starting to go bad so I sprinkled some of it on top of the salad. To round out the corners, we indulged in copious amounts of watermelon and the last of my homemade bread. But no worries! I have another batch of dough sitting pretty on my counter for tomorrow's baking.

I do not feel inspired to cook lunch for tomorrow so we're going to eat some leftover zhongzi. We are struggling a little bit with the salad situation...salad is affordable, healthy, and even more importantly, so darn delicious! Wow...day 2...we are already in trouble. What should I do? Spend the $4.79 on 6 heads of organically raised lettuce that will last us about 10 hearty meals? Wouldn't it be MORE wrong to prevent those two beautifully ripe avocados from reaching their full potential?

Decisions...decisions :)

No comments:

Post a Comment