Sunday, September 19, 2010

Days 17, 18th, & 19th

This weekend was certainly a sign of the times for us. Over the past three days, we've been to a birthday, a wedding, and a baby shower. I didn't get many pictures so I will just summarize each day briefly:

Friday:
Breakfast & lunch were leftovers. I spent $2.95 on a small coffee during work because I was so tired. For dinner, one of my HS friends invited us to dinner at a Chinese buffet restaurant for her birthday. The food was very similar to what my family used to serve when we had a restaurant so it was kind of a strange but rather nice jolt of nostalgia for me.
Total spent on food: $22.95 (for coffee and dinner buffet for 2)
Estimated Cost: same

Saturday:
We had guests come over and stay with us on Friday night. They were also attending the wedding. We did not get much sleep because they had to wake up early to be in the bridal party. For breakfast, they had oatmeal. We went back to sleep after they left and did not wake up until noon. By then, it was too late for lunch so the hubby ate some veggie snacks and we were on our way. At the wedding, I ate a coconut macaroon while the husband ate a big peanut butter cookie. The dinner banquet wouldn't start for three more hours so we went to a local sports bar nearby to catch the big game while we waited. None of us were actually football fans so we sat around drinking beer in an awkward setting for an hour until we all decided it wasn't really our thang. We then left to go to a cheese bar, much more fitting for epicureans such as ourselves. While there, we shared a cheese plate while I had a cup of black coffee.



Dinner was a full blown 10 course Chinese banquet. The bride & groom hired one of the most extravagant wedding planners in the city and completely glammed up the place. It was very nice and most definitely worth it. It changed your typical run-of-the-mill Chinese restaurant into a romantic and cozy space filled with lush red roses and candelabras dripping with crystals. Our pictures are not uploaded yet. Just to give you an idea of what it looked like, here are a few pictures from the wedding.





Total spent on food: $3.00 (share of cheese plate) + $1.50 (coffee) + $4.50 (beer) = $9.00.
Estimated cost: same (wedding gift obviously not included)

Sunday:
We didn't get home until 11pm and didn't go to bed until after 2am. Our friends stayed up chatting with us---it was nice and fun. Because we were all so tired, we didn't get up until really late today. For lunch, they treated us out at a Vietnamese restaurant to thank us for hosting them this weekend. That was very nice and totally unexpected. Shortly thereafter, I left to go to a baby shower. Husband's parents invited us out to dinner but I was feeling very tired so I stayed home instead. We've been eating out so much that my system didn't really feel up to another meal at a Chinese restaurant. Instead, I had an apple, oatmeal, and peanut butter. Hubby was super sweet---while I was at the baby shower, he took his friends to the Japanese market to stock up on some supplies. Apparently the hubster missed me so he bought me a little pack of rose flavored milk tea to warm me up during the cold mornings. He also bought a pound of clams for dinner.

Total spent on food: $0
Estimated Cost: $1 (apple) + $.10 (oatmeal) + $.63 (1 ounce peanut butter) + $3.99 (clams) +$4.19 (milk tea) = $9.91

No comments:

Post a Comment