Thursday, September 23, 2010

Day 23

We're running low on various household supplies but I'd been waiting for Costco coupons before I go replenishing the store of goods. Thankfully, the flyer came last week just as we were down to 2 rolls of toilet paper in the entire house. I did not intend to spend much but it is nearly impossible to leave Costco with what you just went in to get. Today, I left $75 poorer. How on Earth??! It's too bad that I put everything away before I thought to take a picture of it but the following is what I purchased:

1. Kirkland brand toilet paper. Hubster's prefers Charmin' but it's just TP folks. Got it $14.99 after coupon.
2. Grapeseed Oil. Not a necessity but it is much healthier to cook with than olive or canola oil. Plus, it has a very high smoking point making it great for hot woks and frying. Apparently heating olive oil at too high of a temperature causes the compounds to react in a way that produces carcinogens. No good. $6.89
3. Cascade dishwasher liquid- the "tablets" were on sale for $12 after coupon but I realized the tablets only did 90 washings while the giant non-sale bottle of regular liquid probably does 2x that at a mere $8.99. Sometimes, coupons don't equal good value.
4. Always 2pk $9.50 on sale.
5. 50 pack of black velvet hangers. We need to organize our walk-in and I like the uniform look of the same hangers. I originally wanted wooden IKEA ones but I think this is a better deal.
6. Ginger Gold Apples $4.99
7. Covergirl Lashblast mascara 3-pk $11.00

Grand total: $76.88

Total on Food: $4.99 + 6.89 = $11.88

No comments:

Post a Comment