Monday, September 6, 2010

Day 6

Breakfast: same ole
Lunch: Last of the spaghetti (thank GOODNESS)
Snack: half a macaron & a quarter of a lemon tart from Bouchon in Napa Valley (courtesy of a most beloved sis-in-law).

Dinner: I was craving Jiajangmian but we didn't have the bean sauce at home. Not to be deterred, I made my own version of it with onion, zucchini, Chinese black beans, and tofu. The noodles were from hubby's parent's company--lovely spinach noodles!



I got inspired by one of my friend's pictures of Asian pastries from Vegas and really wanted to try my hand at making some of them. Originally, I just wanted to make Asian style bread--bread that is pillowy, soft, with a fine crumb. You know, the kind used to make brick toast at tea houses. Well...as luck would have it, I stumbled upon gold...I figured out how to make Asian pastries! Yayzers!!

Behold--this is supposed to be "catepillar" buns but we don't have any hotdogs at home so I subb'd it with Spam. Not the healthiest but I plan to give most of these away.



See! Soft and fluffy! It is supposed to stay soft and fluffy overnight too. We'll see if that is the case tomorrow. If it does, then I think I have a winner on my hands.



Here is another variation--I got a little bored so I added some fresh corn and tried out a circular design.



Estimated Cost of Buns: $3 for 10

No comments:

Post a Comment